Thursday, January 1, 2015
One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #12 - Attractive Opposites
Welcome to OLS 2015! Ardyth here and I'm so excited to be your hostess for this month's challenge!
Since we're in the bleak mid-winter here in Toronto, I've been thinking a lot about short days, long nights, too much dark and not enough light and that got me thinking that an 'opposite' challenge might be fun!
This card has black and white. Circle and square. Little and big (dots). Top and bottom. Blue and orange (opposites on the colour wheel). Curves and straight lines.Thick and thin (text). Print and script. Caps and lowercase. Sponging and stamping. OK, those are not strictly opposites, but that's still a lot packed into this simple little card isn't it?
I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment and tiny dot. I sponged the circle using a mask and Salty Ocean and Spiced Marmalade inks.
Now it's your turn!
Rules for Attractive Opposites:
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed.
2. Make a card using opposites in some way. Colours, themes, images - whatever you can come up with!
3. Post your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz button on this post. If you link to your blog, make sure you link to the specific post and not your home page so we can find it easily later.
4. Post before midnight on January 24, 2015. That's when the InLinkz button will close.
5. The most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN!
Posted by Ardyth at 12:00 AM